- BS, Hydrogeology and Geo-Engineering, Nanjing University, China, 1993
- PhD, Hydrology and Water Resources, Nanjing University, China, 1998
- Post-Doctoral, University of California, Davis, CA, 1999-2004
- Post-Doctoral, Desert Research Institute, Reno, NV, 2004-2005
- Post-Doctoral, Colorado School of Mines, Golden, CO, 2005-2007
- Environmental Geochemistry, Biogeochemistry and Hydrochemistry
- Hydrogeology, Hydrology, and Hydrometeorology
- Stochastic hydrology & numerical modeling
- Contaminant transport and remediation in soil/water/aquifer (heavy metals, PFAS, microplastics, anti-biotics)
- Surface water – groundwater interaction
Current Research Projects
Groundwater contaminant source identification
Research Group Members
Welcome students with various background and interest (hydrogeology, hydrology, computational physics, geochemistry, applied mathematics, statistics and/or probability, and/or environmental sciences)
- Bingqing Lu (PhD) (2015.8~2019.12)
- Mary Puckett (MS) (2018.8~2020.5)
- Jonathan Frame (PhD) (2020~2022)
- Maosheng Yin (Ph.D. Candidate, Hydrology, China University of Geosciences)
- Dongbao Zhou (Ph.D. Candidate, Hydrology, Hohai University)
- GEO 101 – The Dynamic Earth
- GEO 525 – MODFLOW Groundwater Modeling (Groundwater Models)
- GEO 525 – Modeling of Contaminant Transport in Earth Surface (Stochastic Hydrology)
- GEO 525 – Scientific Programming
- GEO 525 – Vadose Zone Hydrology (Soil Physics)
- GEO 525 – Applied Hydrology (Watershed Hydrology)
- GEO 525 – Introduction Hydrology
- GEO 525 – Surface Water – Ground Water Interaction
- GEO 525 – Probability in Hydrology
* Student paper
- Zhou, D.B.*, M.L. Brusseau, Y. Zhang (corresponding author), S.Y. Li, W. Wei. H.G. Sun, and C.M. Zheng (2021), Simulating PFAS adsorption kinetics, adsorption isotherms, and nonideal transport in saturated soil with tempered one-sided stable density (TOSD) based models, Journal of Hazardous Materials, 411, 125169.
- Han, X., Y. Zhang, C.M. Zheng, X.N. Yu, S.Y. Li, and W. Wei (2021), Enhanced Cr(VI) removal from water using a green synthesized nanocrystalline chlorapatite: Physicochemical interpretations and fixed-bed column mathematical model study, Chemosphere, 264, part 1, 128421.
- Li, Z.P., D. Chen, H.G. Sun, Z.Z. Meng, Y. Zhang, and R.T. Sibatov (2021), Analyzing and modeling sub-diffusive transport of bedload along a heterogeneous gravel bed using stochastic and statistical methods, Journal of Hydrology, 125697.
- Li, X.C., Y. Zhang (corresponding author), D.M. Reeves, and C.M. Zheng (2020), Fractional-derivative models for non-Fickian transport in a single fracture and its extension, Journal of Hydrology, 590, 125396.
- Yin, M.S.*, Y. Zhang (corresponding author), R. Ma, G.R. Tick, M. Bianchi, C.M. Zheng, W. Wei, S. Wei, and X.T. Liu (2020), Super-diffusion affected by hydrofacies mean length and source geometry in alluvial settings, Journal of Hydrology, 582, 124515.
- Yin, M.S.*, R. Ma, Y. Zhang, S. Wei, G.R. Tick, J.Q. Wang, Z.Y. Sun, H.G. Sun, and C.M. Zheng (2020), A distributed-order time fractional derivative model for simulating bimodal sub-diffusion in heterogeneous media, Journal of Hydrology, 591, 125504.
- Lu, B.Q.*, X.T. Liu, P.Y. Dong, G.R. Tick, C.M. Zheng, Y. Zhang (corresponding author), M. Mahmoood-UI-Hassan, H.J. Bai, and E. Lamy (2020), Quantifying fate and transport of nitrate in saturated soil systems using fractional-derivative model, Applied Mathematical Modelling, 81, 279-295.
- Guo, Z.L., C.V. Henri, G.E. Fogg, Y. Zhang, and C.M. Zheng (2020), Adaptive multirate mass transfer (aMRMT): A new approach to upscale regional-scale transport under transient flow conditions, Water Resources Research, 56(2), e2019WR026000.
- Yao, Y.R., N. Mi, C. He, Y. Zhang, L. Yin, J. Li, W. Wang, S.G. Yang, H. He, S.Y. Li, and L.X. Ni (2020), A novel colloid composited with polyacrylate and nano ferrous sulfide and its efficiency and mechanism of removal of Cr(VI) from water, Journal of Hazardous Materials, 399, 123082.
- Zhang, Y., D.B. Zhou, M.S. Yin, H.G. Sun, W. Wei, S.Y. Li, and C.M. Zheng (2020), Nonlocal transport models for capturing solute transport in one-dimensional sand columns: Model review, applicability, limitations and improvement, Hydrological Processes, 34, 5104-5122.