Hydrogeology, hydrology, and hydrometeorology are multidisciplinary fields that investigate water quality and water quantity impacts across different and combined portions of the hydrologic cycle.
- understanding energy and water flux across the land surface and exchanges to the atmosphere, surface water, and groundwater
- water movement and water resource impacts on streams and groundwater due to both temporal scarcity (drought) and abundance (flooding) as well as other climate factor impacts
- ecological impacts due to anthropogenic and natural inputs in the environment; changes in water quality and ecological health across transitions from freshwater to coastal waters and coastal embayments
- transport and fate of contaminants in groundwater, surface water, and vadose zone
- development/application of novel remediation for contaminated water (surface water and groundwater) systems
- he development of novel mathematical models for surface-water, groundwater, unsaturated flow and contaminant fate transport to improve our mechanistic understanding of such processes
For more about our research specialties, visit the Research Overview.
|Yong Zhang||Associate Professor
Undergraduate Program Director
|Geoffrey R. Tick||Professor
Graduate Program Director
|Yuehan Lu||Associate Professorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Natasha T. Dimova||Associate Professoremail@example.com|